Meet the Artist:
My name is Cathy Williams. I am the owner of CW Sculpture Gallery. I earned my BFA and MA from the University of New Mexico. I have experience teaching in public schools, working with children, and showing art.
Art is a central part of my life. During most of my recent experiences at Santa Fe Community College, I have found it to be rewarding to help adult students with various processes, including designing and forming 3-D projects for the classes in bronze casting. Bronze work must first be done in wax, and in welding, you must use a drawing to plan projects.
I have become more and more interested in working with adults in an artistic setting. Art is what I love to do! I know I can make a great addition to any art teaching team. Below is a brief summary of my experience as an artist!
The Tesuque Bronze foundry, Shidoni, helped me realize some of my early dreams for turning crochet into bronze. I continued working with wax, bronze and welding through many experiences at Santa Fe Community College in Santa Fe, NM.
I have participated in many art shows. Some shows that I have participated in and galleries that I have submitted artwork to include:
- 2018: Santa Fe Community College, Women Speak Out
April 5 - May 31, 2018, Santa Fe, NM
- 1997-1999: Shidoni Foundry Gallery in Tesuque, NM
- 1993: Hippo Ice Cream Shop
- 1985: Kaliedscope, Albuquerque United Artists Exhibit in City Parking Garage
- 1984: Graduate Art Ed Student Exhibit, UNM Student Union
Clay, Fiber, Wood Exhibit, New Mexico State Fair
- 1981: Access to the Fiber Arts National 81, James Prendergast Library Gallery
- 1981: Romance with Metal, University of New Mexico, ASA Gallery
- 1981: Craftworks III, Albuquerque United Artists, Downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1980: Two Man Show, North Texas State University, Denton, Texas
- 1979: Fiber 70, North Park Mall, Texas
- 1976: Ripening, 1974 Masks, Mariposa Gallery in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1975: Costume Construction, Albuquerque Dance Theater, New Mexico
- 1974, 1972: New Mexico State Fair Contemporary Crafts Show